Monday, November 10, 2014

Structured Physical Activity...yuck!

Whatever happened to just letting kids play? I mean, seriously, don't you think we've sucked enough of the fun out of being a kid already? Why do we need to take away their free-play time too? Well, down here in Florida lawmakers felt it was necessary to structure kids recess- structured physical activity (sorry!). Ugh. Now, not only do I plan for 4 different grade levels for math, science, social studies, reading, and writing, I also plan their recess...yay! Because I don't have enough to do already.

And sometimes it amazes us as to what these kids don't know. Last Friday I taught them how to play hopscotch. I couldn't believe they didn't know how already, but, then again, I shouldn't be all that surprised. Once they got the hang of it, they really enjoyed it!  As a matter of fact, this morning it's been raining and they complained that the chalk got washed away... :( I guess I'll be drawing a new hopscotch board when the rain clears up! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment