Friday, November 7, 2014

Popcorn Balls...or Something Like That

So last Friday was Halloween...first of all, let me just let out a loud hallelujah that it was on a Friday! The day after Halloween is a nightmare for teachers! The day of Halloween is crazy- usually. At our school we have an Early Release Day the week before where our students are allowed to dress up in their costumes, so Halloween is supposed to be a typical day. Yea, right.

This year, the majority of my class was on a field trip for the day so I was left with my three little ones. We joined the teacher next door to make popcorn balls. The kids loved it! They had fun watching the marshmallows melt in the microwave and mixing the popcorn into it. They loved getting their hands covered in sticky goo...me, not so much. Sensory overload. It was worth it, though.  That afternoon when the other kids returned from their field trip we gave them their popcorn balls and everyone chowed down...it was hilarious watching them trying to figure out how to chew it. :)






Their parents have all signed media release forms, but just to err on the side of caution I covered their faces...sorry, you don't get to see their angelic faces. :)

2 comments:

  1. Fun fun! I'll come visit on those days! And I'd recognize those hands any day Mr. Red shirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I wouldn't expect anything less than recognizing those hands! :)

    ReplyDelete