Thursday, February 18, 2016

Donors Choose Project

My classroom is in dire need of technology. My Smartboard is over 10 years old (and is no longer interactive), my teacher laptop is almost 10 years old, and we have no student computers. So it's been my goal to get at least one student computer for my kids. They LOVE using mine when I let them...but alas, it just wasn't meant to be. I tried twice to get that project funded through donorschoose.com but no such luck. :( So, back in August I thought I'd give it one more try with an iPad instead as they are cheaper than some computers. I'm honestly not sure how, but somehow I managed to get it fully donated! My kiddos were SO EXCITED when it finally arrived around December. Of course I had to set it up and download some apps for them to use before I could turn it over to them. :) We had many discussions (and still occasionally have) about the proper use of the iPad (don't walk around the room with it, no pictures, etc.) Then I created a schedule for each day of the week (which got thrown out the window when a new student showed up lol). So now we just take turns. And they are loving using it! I'm so incredibly grateful to each and every person that dug deep into their pockets and helped fund this project. My kids are also incredibly grateful too- though they lack the language to tell you that. ;)






From the bottom of our hearts- THANK YOU! <3

2 comments: